On behalf of the societies and scientific committee, it is our great pleasure to invite you to Montreux to the Joint annual meeting 2021 of the Swiss Societies for Infectious Diseases (SSI), Hospital Hygiene (SSHH) with fibs/SIPI, Tropical Medicine and Parasitology (SSTMP) and the Swiss Society of Tropical and Travel Medicine (SSTTM).
After a very special year 2020 we look very much forward to meeting you – hopefully under normalized circumstances – at the Montreux Convention Centre from Thursday, 02.09. to Friday, 03.09.2021.
The scientific committee represented by the four societies is in the process of preparing a comprehensive program including 5 joint lectures, interactive discussions, satellite symposia and abstract presentations.
The following main topics will be elaborated during the Joint Sessions:
- Novel antibiotics strategies / resistance
- Investigations from the Swiss HIV and Transplant Cohort Studies (SHCS and STCS)
- Fungal infections – clinical & basic research (Fungal Infection Network of Switzerland, FUNGINOS)
- Infection control and hospital epidemiology
- On Thursday, 02.09.2021 the SSTMP is planning a session on Veterinary Parasitology and the SSTTM will hold their Keynote Lecture
- On Friday, 03.09.2021 the SSHH Symposium will be held, along with a session from the SSTMP on Molecular Parasitology and case presentations from the SSTTM.
The Joint Session of the SSTMP / SSTTM is also scheduled for Friday.
It is also a pleasure to welcome fibs and SIPI, the two organizations of nurses in infection control from French and German part of Switzerland. Both societies are involved in the programming of the infection prevention sessions.
Besides the scientific program the joint meeting will give you the opportunity to visit the industrial exhibition, to extend your professional network and to share your knowledge and enthusiasm with colleagues and friends.
We are looking forward to welcoming and meeting you in person in Montreux in September 2021!
For the scientific committee
Prof. Dr. Pierre-Yves Bochud – President SSI, Lausanne
PD Dr. Walter Zingg – Representative SSHH, Zurich
Prof. Dr. Britta Lundström-Stadelmann – President SSTMP, Bern
Dr. Cornelia Staehelin Fux – President SSTTM, Bern