Partnership in the fight against NTDs in the next decade: what kind of innovation?
Please refer to the attached document for more information.
Monday, March 1st, 2021, 02.00-03.30 p.m. (Swiss time CET)
Objectives of the webinar:
With the COVID – 19 outbreak and the approbation of the new WHO NTD roadmap, the event will
1. highlight the transition from diseases-specific approaches to cross-cutting collaborations, and the importance of the determinants of health in the fight against NTDs.
2. present success stories and discuss a transition into the more ambitious strategic thinking of the new Roadmap.
Segment I – the WHO Roadmap on NTDs
WHO representative will highlight key objectives of the new Roadmap.
Segment II – Deep-dive in concreate interventions
Experts form DNDi, FIND, the Swiss TPH, Novartis and Merck Global Health Institute will share their perspectives on specific approaches to fight NTDs.
Disease focus 1: Human African trypanosomiasis (sleeping sickness)
Disease focus 2: Schistosomiasis
Segment III – Panel discussion
Representatives from various sectors will discuss approaches and innovations for greater cross-sectorial interventions in the fight against NTD.
• Dr. Mwele Malecela, WHO
• Dr. Lutz Hegemann, Novartis
• Dr. Alexander Schulze, SDC
• Dr. Peter Steinmann, Swiss TPH